- This event has passed.
IN DEPTH OVER TWO DAYS: Debbie Richardson’s “Promote Your Book on a Budget” – CANCELLED
8th June 2019 @ 9:00am - 9th June 2019 @ 4:00pm
Thank you to everyone who attending the “Promoting on a budget” session.
Marketing is about getting your book into the hands of readers. And when there are 2 million books published every year, many of these self-published, it can be hard to get your book noticed. Not even the traditional publishers will do half of what I shared with you until you start earning them money.
There was so much information to cram into the two and a half hours (in fact 10 years worth of information!) that I could not possibly have gone through any of the “how to” in detail. My goal was to give you as many tools as I could to help you promote. So if you’re bamboozled by the babble, daunted by the information overload, or trying to make sense of your notes and my handouts, I’m pleased to announce that I’ll be returning for 2 full days to go through all of these promotional ideas in detail. You can come for one day or two, but I hope you can come for both days because this is valuable information to help you achieve your goals.
There are readers out there waiting to buy your books. But you need to go to them. You’ll come away with a real plans to promote your current book and your next book, and you’ll get a look at all of these sites so you can set up your own accounts.
For tickets to Debbie’s Two Day follow-up workshop:
Workshop tickets are required to be purchased in advance.
Space is limited to 10 participants.
Note: If insufficient tickets sales are made prior to the event, the two day workshop will be cancelled and all ticket purchases refunded in full.
SATURDAY MORNING SESSION – BOOK LAUNCHES AND TOURS
- Set up a virtual book launch and/or tour with bloggers
- Set up a physical book launch and/or tour
- Pre-release promotion
- Interviews and press releases
- Setting up reader/fan events and ways to promote them
- School, libraries, special events – where to find them
- Ways to get reviews even before your book is released
SATURDAY AFTERNOON SESSION – ONLINE RETAILERS AND ADS FOR AUTHORS
- Setting up your online retail presence at Amazon, Kobo, Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, etc
- Create ads on Amazon, Facebook, Blog sites, Bookbub
- Promoting in magazines and newspapers – where to find them
- Promoting you and your book on blog sites – where to find them
- Author services that can do all this for you
SUNDAY MORNING SESSION – GAINING FOLLOWERS
- Tackling social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter
- Building a newsletter following
- What to write in a newsletter
- How to use Goodreads, Bookbub and Amazon author pages
- Author website and blog site
- Ways to let your readers know about new releases and special promotions
- Setting up an online giveaway
- Giving away sample chapter
SUNDAY AFTERNOON SESSION – BOOK COVER, BOOK BLURB, AND BACK MATTER, SWAG, AND YOUR NEXT BOOK
- How to write a book blurb that excites readers
- How to find the best cover and book title
- Where to find pre-made affordable covers
- How to contact a cover designer to create a specific cover
- Author services that set up your book for you
- What information to include in the back and front of the book
- SWAG – bookmarks, flyers, cups, pens, trinkets
- Other promotional material such as posters, banners
- Your next book and how to start promoting it now